A beautiful smile starts with straight teeth, straight teeth are also important for good oral health as brushing and flossing is easier. Traditional metal braces align teeth but they are uncomfortable and for many adults, unattractive and embarrassing. Today, Invisalign in Yorktown Heights NY are the perfect alternative, offering several advantages and benefits.
* Improved appearance: There is no denying that traditional metal braces are effective at aligning and straightening teeth but for many people metal brackets and arch wires make them extremely self-conscious. As the name implies, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so much so that people will not know you are wearing them. Invisalign is far more attractive than the alternative.
* Comfort: Traditional braces, once attached, must stay in place until they are removed by the orthodontist. This is not the case with Invisalign, they can be removed at will which makes it far easier to eat and drink. Bear in mind though that your aligners can only be removed for a short period of time.
* Safety: The metal brackets and wires that are used for traditional braces can injure the inside of your mouth. Invisalign aligners are made from smooth plastic material; they are comfortable and will not damage your gums or mouth.
* Treatment duration: Traditional braces take considerably longer to achieve their purpose than Invisalign. It is not unusual for it to take three years or longer to straighten and align your teeth with metal braces; the same can be achieved in one to one and a half years when Invisalign are used.
* Treatment plan: patients that opt for Invisalign in Yorktown Heights NY know in advance what to expect as the entire process is pre-planned and computerized. Your dentist will prepare as series of aligners, each one will be worn for about two weeks; you know in advance how long your treatment will last before you start; this is something that cannot be predicted with conventional braces.
Invisalign offers a considerable number of distinct benefits, even though they may cost a little more it is a price well worth paying. For more helpful information, click here at www.northeastdentalny.com also log on to Facebook for more updates.Add to favorites