Motorcyclists are more vulnerable than other motorists because they’re exposed to the elements and to other drivers, but purchasing a roadside assistance package can provide peace of mind. When a motorcyclist is stranded in the heat, cold or rain, they need help quickly, and roadside help plans can provide it. Most Motorcycle Roadside Assistance packages consist of the services described below, and they’re always available.
• Towing: If the bike breaks down or if there’s an accident, USA Towing & Recovery will tow it to the rider’s home or to the nearest service center.
• Key replacement: If the rider loses their ignition key, the service will reimburse them for a temporary replacement. Reimbursement amount may vary.
• Jumpstarting: If the bike’s battery dies, the service will send someone to help.
• Flat tire repair: The bike will be towed to a garage where the tire can be repaired or replaced.
• Delivery of fuel: If the bike runs out of gas, a driver will deliver gas to allow the rider to make it to the next service station.
• Concierge services: These help the rider rent a car or a hotel room during their travels.
• Routing/trip service: This valuable service can help the rider reach their destination easily. If the rider gets lost, they can call the hotline for directions.
• Personal assistance: The service allows the rider to receive and send messages when they are stranded due to mechanical failure, bad weather or another emergency.
What Kind of Extras are Available?
Many roadside help packages for motorcycles come with discounts on restaurant dining, rental cars, hotel rooms and much more. When the bike, rather than the rider, is covered, anyone riding the bike is covered. The plan the rider chooses may include some or all of the above-listed services. Most plans have a cap on yearly service calls; the average is six, but it can vary depending on the plan chosen. It’s vital for the rider to know how many calls they’re allotted, so the number isn’t exceeded.
It’s also wise for the rider to find out what will happen if they need help and they’ve already reached their yearly limit. Will service be denied, or will there be a surcharge. How much will the extra service cost? The more the rider knows ahead of time, the easier it will be for them to choose the right Motorcycle Roadside Assistance package. You can also connect them on Facebook for more updates.